Did you know that in 2017 alone, UPS shipped 750 million packages for the holiday season?
Peak season is when you and your shipping and logistics team need to be on your “A” game. The more efficient and consistent your team is, the less problems you’ll run into down the road.
Best Practices: Shipping during Peak Season
Here at Shippabo, we’re here to help you ship with more visibility, collaboration, and actionable data. Yes, even in peak season.
We’ve pulled together this peak season toolkit to make your life easier. It includes four resources designed to help you manage a supply chain and stay sane during peak season.
Shipping Container Dimensions
Standard, hardtop and flatrack containers. Full container loads and less than container loads. Standard heights, widths, total capacities.
There’s an overwhelming amount of shipping container dimensions to remember. We documented everything in a quick overview. Keep it on your desk for quick reference when narrowing down your ocean shipping containers.
7 Tips for Optimizing Shipments
Optimizing shipments during peak season doesn’t have to be time consuming. Here are a few key steps to keep in mind:
- When to pre-book shipments
- How to avoid pier pass fees and delayed deliveries
- How to navigate U.S. Customs clearance
- How to prepare for overbooked shipments
36 Supply Chain Communication Tips
One of the easiest ways to stay efficient during peak season: Improve communication.
This eBook has 36 ways to easily improve supply chain communication, including:
- Within your shipping & logistics team
- Internally with other teams, like finance or operations
- Externally with vendors
- Operationally with the software you use
Turning to Supply Chain Management Software
Supply chain management software helps you optimize your ocean shipping process and stay prepared for the busy seasons. Leveraging software can:
- Increase shipment visibility
- Help you secure competitive contracts and quotes
- Centralize supply chain collaboration
- Access and leverage actionable data
Ready to improve your shipping process during peak season? Download our best practices guide here.
While you’re at it, check out more Shippabo resources on optimizing your supply chain: