Shippabo is an importer’s one-stop supply chain solution

Shippabo is an importer’s one-stop supply chain solution


Unlock Potential Savings Per Container

Shippabo partners with many Trans-Pacific carriers to bring businesses the best rates available. Use our savings calculator to see how you can pay less.

Get predictable shipping costs with a Shippabo contract.

Get predictable shipping costs with a Shippabo contract.


Browse our catalog of whitepapers, case studies and other helpful resources to help increase supply chain management efficiency.

Learn More

Contact Us

Built by shippers. Supported by supply chain logistics experts. Driven by technology.

When do I need a Customs bond?



You need a Customs bond — or, a bond to make sure all duties, taxes, and fees are paid to the federal government — in a variety of instances when importing goods. 

You Need a Customs Bond When:

  • You import merchandise valued at over $2,500 into the U.S. for business purposes.
  • Importing items that have their own governmental requirements, like firearms or food. You can see more of the government agencies with their own requirements here
  • You are an international carrier transporting cargo or passengers into the U.S. from another country.
  • You are a domestic carrier transporting imported cargo “In Bond” from one state to another.
  • You’re planning to do anything in a secure Customs and Border Protection (CBP) area, such as transporting items or goods on a cart, or acting as a Customs Broker, or approved gauger. 

Options Beyond A Customs Bond

If you’d rather not file for a bond for some reason, importers are allowed to pledge cash or other U.S. government items such as savings bonds or treasury notes.

The bonds and/or cash are held until one year after the importation is liquidated. If you filed for a Temporary Importation under Bond (TIB), then the cash and/or bonds are held until you’ve demonstrated that the merchandise was either exported or properly destroyed.