Preparing your shipping and logistics team for its peak shipping season? It’s time to bring your company’s capabilities to the next level.
Supply chain management software (SCMS) helps your business optimize its supply chain and thrive during peak shipping season.
It’s not enough to have the right plans and processes in place — you also need to have the right tools. Here are just a few ways software like Shippabo can help your company.
How Supply Chain Management Software Can Help
Achieving supply chain visibility is the third most important strategic priority for businesses. But only 6% of businesses have reached this target.
Don’t let shipments slip through the cracks. Supply chain software helps you track moving pieces across your import process in real-time when your team is slammed.
- Pre-book shipments weeks or months in advance
- Set In-Distribution Center date to optimize route and mode
- Track shipments by product ID, name, or purchase order
- Track shipment location in real time
Peak season often means lower availability and higher rates for your shipments. It doesn’t have to be that way, though. Supply chain management software can help you get an edge on the competition, so you have one less thing to worry about during your busiest time of year.
- Explore instant rates for routes
- Target the best spacing, pricing, and lanes with our forecasting tools
- Store carrier contracts for seamless bookings
Excellent communication goes a long way towards optimizing your supply chain. Your teams can move quickly and in unison. They can also avoid stressful and time-sensitive mistakes. Keep your teams in touch on one unified platform that:
- Uses in-shipment messaging to connect quickly and easily
- Integrates with platforms your team relies on, like Quickbooks, Sage, and Netsuite
- Includes auto notifications for shipment updates
Leverage Actionable Data
Optimize your supply chain with real-time data, so you can make quick and efficient decisions. Look for supply chain management software that includes:
- An all-in-one dashboard with top-level insights
- A calendar with shipment statuses
- Customized reports on the shipment views you need
- Forecasting tools and trends to inform future shipments